Whether you drive a car, motorcycle, or even a commercial vehicle, we are California’s most trusted Vehicle Registration Service. We understand that your time is valuable and we strive to make your vehicle registration as quick and efficient as possible. Car Registration is not an exciting experience, so we strive to get it over for you quickly so that you can move on with your day.
If you wish to renew your California vehicle registration in person you should bring a list of items with you to our office.
- RENEWAL NOTICE OR CURRENT REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE
- YOUR VALID CA DRIVER’S LICENSE.
- PROOF OF INSURANCE
- SMOG CERTIFICATE IF APPLICABLE
If applicable, a court clearance document showing that any delinquent fees have been paid. Payment to cover your renewal fees (cash, check, money order, debit/ATM card).
Make sure you pay the California DMV registration fees on or before the due date to avoid penalties, even if you don’t have all items required, ie: smog check or car insurance. Call us at 408-770-9032 to pay over the phone and avoid unnecessary penalties. If the California DMV suspended your vehicle registration, we can help you reinstate it in minutes. You will need valid proof of auto insurance for that particular vehicle, and if required, pay a registration reinstatement fee.
MILITARY REGISTRATION RENEWAL
If your vehicle’s CA registration is expiring soon and you are deployed as a member of the armed services, you may be eligible to delay payment until you return. To be eligible, you must:
- BE A MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES, ARMED FORCES RESERVE, OR NATIONAL GUARD.
- BE TEMPORARILY DEPLOYED OUTSIDE THE STATE AND ENGAGED IN COMBAT OR FOR HOMELAND DEFENSE PURPOSES.
- NOT BE DEPLOYED SOLELY FOR TRAINING, PROCESSING, OR PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION PURPOSES.
- BE ONLY APPLYING TO HAVE THE FEES THAT YOU INCURRED DURING YOUR TIME OF DEPLOYMENT WAIVED.
To have any late fees waived, you must: Visit your local DMV office and follow the standard registration renewal procedures (see above). Complete a Statement of Facts (Form REG 256), indicating your active duty status and deployment dates. You have 60 days from the time your deployment is terminated to apply for a penalty waiver. For more information contact the CA DMV at (800) 777-0133. It’s best to schedule an appointment with the CA DMV before visiting.